Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saving water...



When I was going through my EMS textbook the other day there was something that came up that really annoyed me!!!
Never mind everything else that is used to make gold, something I found astonishing was how much water was used!


To make one tiny ounce of gold-5000 litres of water is used!

Think of all the water we could save if we stopped making goldAdd Image...


South Africa is one of the only countries using gold to back up the paper note so why don't we switch to something different?
If we want to save water then that's a perfect place to start...

Someone did mention to me though that they could be re-using the water to make more and more gold but maybe we need to research that?


This just really annoyed me!
And nobody I spoke to really cared..
But this is serious because we can make a difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment